Social Media Policy
[for Representative Players and Team Officials]
SCDMBA Social Media Policy
This policy is intended to provide guidelines for Players/Officials who may access online social media networks for personal purposes. It is not intended to violate or improperly interfere with individual rights or privacy but rather to ensure that Players and Officials maintain a professional standard while representing SCDMBA.
Using Social Media for Personal Purposes
Members who presently maintain individual pages on social media sites to connect with their families and friends need to recognize their responsibilities as representative members of SCDMBA when they publish content on those sites. As representatives, please be aware of the following expectations:
- You are personally responsible for any published content and will be liable to be disciplined for commentary, content, or images that are defamatory, pornographic, proprietary, harassing, discriminatory, libelous or that can create hostility with others.
- No Player/Official shall use Social Media to make derogatory comments about Bowls Queensland or SCDMBA or any other District, any official, an event or any other player for the duration of any competition. Any infringement of this policy shall render the offender liable to disqualification from the event they are participating in.
- Examples of inappropriate content on Social Media include:
- References/photos of alcohol or illicit substances
- Photos with revealing clothing
- Disclosure of confidential information relating to past, present or future colleagues, volunteers, members, participants or other persons associated with SCDMBA.
- Posting disparaging, discriminatory, harassing or defamatory information about past, present or future colleagues, volunteers, members,participants, guests or other persons associated with SCDMBA.
You may have legal liability for any information you contribute over any online
communication channels regarding SCDMBA. Sunshine Coast District Men’s Bowls
Association reserves the right to modify this policy at any time.
Date: 17th June, 2013
Responsibility: SCDMBA Executive Committee